Monday, January 11, 2010

Seducing Light by KC Kendricks



SEDUCING LIGHT
Contemporary gay romance
#3 best seller at Amber Allure, June 2009



INTRO

Asher Myles struggled to put his life back together after an identity thief stripped him of everything but his talent for capturing light and shadow with a camera lens. With a new job and a new start, Asher’s on his way to Montana – and a meeting with the man he’s fantasized about since he first saw him on the silver screen.

Nick Light, actor, director, and Hollywood royalty, doesn’t like paparazzi. When he agrees to have his Montana ranch photographed for a style magazine, the unexpected happens – he falls for the man with the camera. Nick’s secret comes out when he realizes Asher is also gay.

If there’s one thing Nick can’t resist, it’s a man with a talent for seducing light.

EXCERPT

The problem was, I wanted Nick Light. The only solution was to seduce him.
Easier said than done.

Nick’s bedroom was in the northeast corner of the house. The images taken of his room depicted a space bathed in twilight, misty. I put them in the mediocre folder. That room, with its massive pine furniture, much like what was in this guest room, needed the morning sun to show off the crisp palette of dark blues and earthy oranges against the softer ivories. Whoever did the interior of the house understood light and how to use it as well as any photographer.

Snapshots sorted and snack finished, I stripped and took a quick shower. I slid between the soft, expensive sheets and tried to settle down to sleep. It didn’t work well. Nick’s face floated before me in the darkness. I kept seeing those green eyes glittering in that first moment of bewitched awareness I’d had of him. I rolled over, uncomfortably aroused. He’d put me at the opposite end of the house for a reason—the long hallway separating the bedrooms. Anyone daring enough to walk that distance in the dark of the night had plenty of time to reconsider and turn around. The grandfather clock in the foyer chimed midnight.

I rolled out of bed and pulled on my jeans, leaving my underwear and socks on the floor. I didn’t need them for a fast trip to the bar. A shot of whiskey would relax me enough to sleep. I opened the door, grateful for the subtle lighting on every other riser of the stairs. Halfway down, I heard the rhythmic sound of someone using one of the weight machines in the workout room. Being twelve kinds of fool, I let the noise lure me to its source. I paused in the doorway, unable to force my shaking knees farther.

Nick worked out, shirtless, in form-fitting Lycra workout shorts and trainers, displaying the famous pumped six-pack abs that managed to get a close-up in every movie. The dark hair covering his muscled chest lay plastered wetly to his skin. A line of moisture soaked down his shorts from his navel, staining its way to the soft, rounded bump of his genitals. His powerful, pelted thighs steamed in the cool night air coming in through the opened windows. He stopped in mid-motion and let the weights fall. His rugged face appeared carved of stone, but his piercing gaze rested on mine, hot and wary. Alive.

My skin prickled as sweat broke out under my arms and my cock swelled, eager to embarrass me. I forced my voice to work.

“I couldn’t sleep. I was going to get a drink, but I heard…”

Nick stood and walked toward me, never looking away. He stopped a half-step in front of me, and I was enveloped in the enticing scent of wet hair and clean male sweat. Tongues of heat licked my skin as primal male-to-male non-verbal communication arced between us. I licked my lips and his pupils widened. This was a bad idea, but only a nuclear blast would have kept me from it.

In slow motion, his hand skimmed across my bare shoulder and cupped the back of my neck. Disbelief that he’d actually touched me swirled in the back of my mind even as my hands reached for him, coming to rest on his sweat-slippery sides. Fear flickered in the depths of his eyes.

“God help me,” he murmured, his breath warm against my lips.

I didn’t give him the chance to pull away, not when we were this close.

SEDUCING LIGHT
http://amberquill.com/AmberAllure/SeducingLight.html


KC Kendricks
Visit my website at: http://www.kckendricks.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kckendricks
Join my mailing list at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/betweenthekeys
Read my personal blog: http://www.kckendricks.blogspot.com
Check out the MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/kckendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment