Friday, March 5, 2010

Maxie Briscoe:Werewolf


Maxie Briscoe:Werewolf

M/M/F Paranormal Menage

available now from Amber Heat/Amber Allure


Synopsis

The name's Maxie Briscoe and I am a werewolf…

That’s right, a real live, full moon-loving, Halloween icon. It’s hard out here for girl like me. To survive, I hide my true self and act the part of a normal human, all while discreetly indulging the Beast within. Talk about walking a narrow ledge. And that’s not even the worst part. Sex is. You see I can bench press a pick-up truck and that spells disaster in the bedroom. You can’t have any real fun knowing you might accidentally crush a lover while in the throes. Kind of kills the mood.

When a friend’s murder shatters the careful existence I’ve carved out, I come face to face with Damien and Noah, two of the hottest men I’ve ever laid eyes on. They are also the first werewolves I’ve run across since my conversion. The attraction is instant, but complicated, the sex… explosive.

Too bad there’s a killer out there with his sights on me …

Excerpt

Maxie meets Damien and Noah for the first time and things aren't going too well...

“Hold it right there, Romeo,” I snap.

He stops, huffs out a breath and moves back to his original
position. “The name is Damien Black. And this is Noah Rayburn.”
He jerks a thumb toward the larger guy who inclines his head with
a gleaming look in his eyes.

They stand there, watching me, probably wondering when I’m
going to quit being so difficult and invite them inside to fuck.
Maybe I will and maybe I won’t. All depends on their
explanations.

“Two things. First, how did you find me? And second, what
were you doing over by that house? It’s a crime scene.”

“You really want to discuss all this out in the open?” The
alpha, Damien, grips the newel post, giving me a you-can’t-be-serious
look.

He is right, damn it. I have to let them in unless I want to risk
someone listening in on the conversation. I don’t need my
neighbors turning into a mob of angry, torch-bearing villagers
ready to blame the monster for the fair maiden’s death.

Before I can open my mouth, Damien and Noah step forward.

“I didn’t give you permission to come in, yet.”

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” Damien snaps.

“Nothing, just making sure you understand the rules.”

They stare at me in disbelief, then hold their hands out in
surrender.

Score one for the chick. “All right. Let’s get something clear
here. Right now, this is just talk. I don’t care how much sexual
tension is perfuming the air.”

“So that human pup was enough to satisfy you?”

Damien’s taunt hits a nerve and my arms drop to my sides,
claws forming and teeth lengthening before I can stop myself.

“Mind your manners, wolf,” I snarl.

With eyes like an inferno of red orange, their Beasts surface to
match mine. Their faces are human transparencies over wolves’
heads. We have to dial it back or my block will be treated to a live
action creature feature.

MAXIE BRISCOE:WEREWOLF
ISBN-13: 978-1-60272-650-5 (Electronic)
ISBN-13: 978-1-60272-806-6 (Paperback)

Now available at http://amberquillpress.com/AmberHeat/MaxieBriscoe.html
and at http://amberquillpress.com/AmberAllure/MaxieBriscoe.html

Melissa Bradley
Visit me at My Space http://myspace.com/melbwrites

No comments:

Post a Comment