Sunday, September 5, 2010

Shine a Light by KC Kendricks


SHINE A LIGHT
contemporary gay romance available at
http://amberquill.com/AmberAllure/ShineLight.html

After being viciously outed by his spiteful ex-lover, Van MacKenzie, fallen Hollywood and Broadway star, lands on stage in a small town community theatre - and in the arms of set designer Shane Hollister. Van knows his attraction to the talented young man could seal the fate of his career, but he can’t resist having a ‘summer thing’ while performing at The Globe. When an act of violence catches them unaware, Van recognizes the message was really meant for him. Walking away from Shane might be the smart thing to do to keep him safe.

Shane Hollister had established himself as a Broadway set designer before his father’s accident forced him to move home to St. Charles. Needing work, Shane accepts a job at The Globe. To his surprise, the small operation equals any big city production. When Donovan “Van” MacKenzie signs on for the new show, Shane grabs the chance to have a summer fling with his big screen idol, refusing to allow Van’s past to intrude.

Shane knows he has only one chance to catch a fallen star, and keep him for his own.

EXCERPT (explicit, from Van's point of view)

Shane sipped from his cup, then set his coffee down and turned to me, his eyes black in the low light. He grasped my jacket and slipped it off my shoulders, tossing it over the chair.

“The coffee can wait, Van. I can’t.”

His words were all that tiny spark inside me needed. My penis reacted, filling and swelling. I could have shouted with joy at the return of the familiar sensations. I reached for him, wanting to touch him. I slipped his coat off his shoulders and dropped it on top of mine, then our shirts flew in the same direction. Shane’s hands skimmed across my stubbly chest, a note of amusement in his low voice.

“Darn. You shaved.”

I palmed his brown nipples, and they pebbled under my touch. “I landed a twenty-minute speaking role in a made-for-television mystery. They asked me to go bare. It’s taken forever to grow back, but at least it doesn’t itch anymore.”

I hooked my fingers under his waistband and unsnapped his jeans while he yanked the zipper down. I tugged his pants off his hips. Dark and rosy, his cock sprang from a curly, dark nest. Cut, he was about seven-and-a-half inches, with a respectable girth. Pale veins showed beneath the smooth skin. I trailed my middle finger lightly down his length, smiling as his penis flexed up in response. I caressed the ridges of the little four-pack abs he sported, then ran my fingers through the patch of fur in the center of his chest.

“I like a little hair, too, babe, especially when it trails down to here.” My fingertips followed the dark line growing down his middle all the way to his bush. His cock lifted again. “Eager?”

“Scared, too. You’re Donovan MacKenzie. I don’t want to disappoint you.” Shane’s fingers brushed the bulge that snaked down my left thigh, still trapped by denim.

Touched by that confession, I gave him my own. “I don’t want you to be disappointed in me, either. This is me right now, not some Hollywood image that’s impossible to live up to.”

“I know.”

We moved at the same time, and whether I kissed him, or he kissed me, I didn’t know or care. His warm, coffee-flavored lips parted under mine. My senses reeled, hit by jolt after jolt of arousal as his soft, breathy sigh drew me in. He was like some live flame in my arms, with his heat and energy ready to be unleashed at my command. The memories of other lovers flickered and dimmed. His tentative eagerness reminded me he was only in his mid-twenties, maybe too young for my cynical attitude, even as it banished any thought of staying away from him because of his age.

Shane inhaled sharply and his tongue met mine in a lively dance of joyful discovery. I felt the laughter building in him, and we both grinned, which ended our kiss. He licked his smiling lips.

“Wow.”

I was barely able force air into my lungs. “Wow? I was hoping for five stars.”

“Okay, Van. That was a five-star first kiss.”

Yes, it was, and I was a five-star fool for not walking away. I cupped the back of his head and kissed him again.

Shane’s arms snaked around my neck as his lips opened, and his tongue licked into mine. Back and forth, we tested and teased each other, unhurried in our promise of eventual release. I kissed his bristly cheek, sliding my lips along his jaw line. I tasted the saltiness of his skin as I licked my way to the flat, brown disc of his nipple. He sighed as I swirled my tongue over it, suckling when it peaked into a little hard nub. His strong hands gripped my hips, pulling me to the bed. I spun around, and still mired by our pants, we fell onto the mattress.

Shane twisted beneath me. I rolled off him, and our hands collided as we both attempted to push my jeans down. I groaned with relief as my erection lifted, freed from its cotton prison. His fingers closed around my shaft, rolling the foreskin back. My pelvis surged against him as arousal spiked through me. The breath clogged in my throat as the heat of his mouth enveloped me. His free hand slipped under my ass, a single finger teasing sensitive skin and pressing through the tight ring of muscle. My usual protest at being touched there by a lover I didn’t know well evaporated on the wave of fresh sweat that prickled over my skin.

I wiggled, trying to get my pants the rest of the way off, which had the inadvertent effect of aiding that busy finger beneath me. I moaned and squirmed harder. Shane smacked my hip as his gaze slammed into mine across the planes of my torso. Obedient, I stopped moving, and thinking. All that mattered were the building sensations increasing in my groin.

His slow hand and soft lips moved over me in tandem, deliberate in their purpose. I watched the rise and fall of his dark head taking my cock deep, then pulling back. Shane’s pink tongue flicked around the rim, over the glans, then he took me in again. Over and over he did that until my thighs tensed and my balls drew up close to my body. That finger inside me pressed deeper, and heat shot up my spine.

SHINE A LIGHT
ISBN: 13-978-1-60272-648-2
Now available at http://amberquill.com/AmberAllure/ShineLight.html

This title is also available in the paperback as part of the In the Limelight anthology, available at Amazon.


KC Kendricks
Visit my website at: http://www.kckendricks.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kckendricks
Join my mailing list at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/betweenthekeys
Read my personal blog: http://www.kckendricks.blogspot.com
Check out the MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/kckendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment