Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Back Stairs and My Sexy Saturday


Welcome to Saturday Evening Romance. 


Saturday Evening Romance is an excerpt blog open to authors of romance regardless of genre. We've had to make some changes over the years and we let the blog get a little quiet, but it feels like the time is right to see if we can operate without the problems of the past.

This week we're participating in the My Sexy Saturday blog hop. That's one of the perks of being the blog owner. We get to bend the rules a bit for the greater good. If you're an author and you'd like to post here at Saturday Evening Romance, leave a comment and I'll contact you to make arrangements for you to post excerpts at Saturday Evening Romance. 

But back to My Sexy Saturday...

Here's seven sexy paragraphs from The Back Stairs, book one of the Sundown saga. 

*_*_*_*

Would it be so bad to spend half an hour talking with this attractive young man? Heaven help me, he drew me, a tired moth to his steady flame. And he had my favorite coffee, already hot.

Words echoed in my memory. I tried to pull them in so I could hear them again. What had Muffin said? More importantly, it was what she hadn’t said. She didn’t actually say anyone here knew Michael 
Carlton.

“I’ll sit at your table on one condition.”

He tilted his head, a smile teasing his full lips. “Oh? What is that?”

“You tell me your name.”

Was it victory I saw in his green eyes, or desire? I needed to know if they were the same. His chin lifted as his gaze locked to mine.

“You can call me Sundown.”

_*_*_*_*_


Fallon Roxbury has a nose for trouble, and the uncanny ability for landing in the middle of it the moment he finds it. While investigating the gruesome murder of a young male prostitute in the red-light district, Fallon gets a whiff of something very strange. Forensics has unidentified hairs. Very unidentified hairs, like nothing in any of the textbooks. Following a tip from a person of interest, Fallon meets Sundown, an apparent hustler who knows a lot more than he will admit.

Getting personally involved with Sundown breaks every rule in the police manual, and in Fallon’s own personal code. Sundown is like a drug, and Fallon can’t stop at just one hit. When Sundown is forced to reveal the truth, Fallon’s world is turned upside down, and he’s left with only two options: check himself in for psychiatric evaluation, or accept a new reality with a strange shift.


Shapeshifters, that is.

_*_*_

For a longer excerpt and purchase information please visit http://www.kckendricks.com/TheBackStairs.html .

KC Kendricks


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice snippet, KC. I always love a good cop story! Thanks for sharing and being a part of My Sexy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete